The Wednesday Night Dinner has been one of the staples to our house. I compare these dinners to the legendary brunches that Al Gore had with Bill Clinton... just because I can. It's our one guaranteed time each week when the three of us meet up, go out to a new restaurant, talk about whatever is going on in our lives, and then make fun of each other until someone storms out crying. That person is always Rohit, but I'll save that for another blog entry.
Similar to most television shows, the weekly dinners kicked off strongly. We tried some really new and good restaurants, had some entertaining guests join us, and came up with some great ideas (the legendary Three Mantras was introduced during a meal). Unfortunately, we couldn't keep up the momentum and soon, the Family dinner nights became the boring, weekly trip to Park Chow. I think this is how the our "good idea percentage" dropped to 10%. Eventually, we just cancelled the dinners and stopped doing them.
Fortunately for you all, the dinner's been revived and as we check out new restaurants, we'll post our reviews here.
This week, we checked out Tikka Masala on 6th/Judah. For a relatively small restaurant, the food was really good and more importantly, relatively inexpensive! It's a good take out place too.
Given all of these factors, my final Rating: Thumbs Up.
Have a good weekend y'all.
Friday, December 15, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment