Monday, April 9, 2007

The Most Amazing Thing Since Sliced Bread


EZ Rider Pass
Originally uploaded by gng1524.
No, I'm not talking about Crossroads, which is a fantastic DC (at least, back in the day).

I am talking about BART's EZ Rider card, which is currently in the piloting phase. The EZ Rider Card is essentially a Smartcard that allows commoners like you and me to act like BART employees and swipe through the BART gates. It automatically recharges the account too, so there's no need to add any more fare at the ticket booth.

This card has been a lifesaver. Besides making myself look cool, I literally save myself about an hour each month that was wasted in lines at the BART ticket booth, at Longs Drugs, or at other locations selling BART tickets.

Thank you BART for joining the ranks of other metro systems across the country!

No comments: