Yesterday, I had my first IM softball game with our Public Health team, the Outbreaks, facing the Astronomy team, Frogs in Space. Prior to the game, we warmed up with about 30 minutes of playing catch, followed by BP where yours truly pitched meatballs to the team to hit out. It was like the home run derby because I got lit up. I told our coach that I would be in no condition to pitch in a game, unless it was an emergency. At any rate, during my hitting session, I got hit by a pitch on my thumb. Channeling my inner Chase Utley, I continued to play, although my thumb has a decent bruise on it now.
But back to the game... the Astronomy team couldn't field enough players, so they forfeited. We still played a game and I was the RF for the first 3 innings. Despite the fact that most of the hitters were righties, I ended up fielding quite a few balls and managed to get them back in the infield before too much damage was done.
As for hitting, I ended up being 1 for 4 with a two pop-ups, a fielder's choice, and a base-clearing triple. Not too bad.
I'm out for the next game, but will be back in two weeks. Hopefully, I can improve on my stats.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment