Last Friday, there was a grad student mixer at one of the grad student dorms. I went with my public health posse and within minutes, lost track of them as I made a beeline to the beer line. The line was a little bit longer, but free beer is free beer. A woman followed directly behind me and made a comment, "Is this the beer line?" I confirmed her suspicion and then introduced myself. One thing led to another and I found out that we both went to Cal. She introduced me to another new friend of hers who also went to Cal and all three of us spent like an hour talking about Berkeley and more importantly, the state of Cal football. The next day, huddled around a laptop in a boiling hot (and tiny) dorm room, we watched the second game of the season against Colorado State.
Despite being a few thousand miles away, it's just funny how this east coast-west coast connection is and how you meet people from your own university like that.
And onto serious business...
For 80% of the game, I was impressed with how Cal played on Saturday. The only thing I am still concerned about is the defense, which during one scary moment in the fourth quarter, almost gave up the game. Tedford better look into fixing this because there were easily 14 points that Colorado scored that were gifts by the Cal secondary.
At least we still moved up two slots in the rankings!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment