Last night, Phil and I went out to the Richmond district to recapture the good old times, when we used to do the mini pub crawl up and down Clement/Geary and end the night at Alpha Bar. Joined by my buddy Margaret, we ended up spending most of our night joking around at The Bitter End, before heading over to the main attraction, Alpha Bar.
Times have changed and Alpha Bar is no more. The place, renamed Buckshot, was empty. The place kinda sucked. It was shocking and appalling. Phil and I had hyped up the magical scene that is Alpha Bar to Margaret and we were disappointed in every possible way. What happened? I just remember it being a bumping place. Now, it was just a lame dive bar that no one went to. On the flip side, since there was no one around, we were able to play a few games of pool and skeeball. Then, we left the joint.
Oh the memories. Alpha Bar, thank you for the good times. I will cherish those memories.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment