I am somewhere in the middle of America, trying to get to the heart of the matter... which is that the heart is what matters most. Sorry, the temptation to integrate the Counting Crows song was too much.
For all of you who don't get that reference, I am now in Omaha, NE. On our way out of Denver, I fulfilled yet another life long dream and ate breakfast at a Sonics. Yes, that fast food joint does actually exist. The drive to Omaha was pretty boring. Unlike the drive through the desert, to LA, or to Denver, there was absolutely nothing interesting along the way. It was all flat lands and to add a little twist, lots of cornfields. I started to smile when we entered Nebraska and rejoined the I-80 for the first time since crossing the Bay Bridge.
Omaha is one spread out city. We went to Mister C's for dinner. The place is a true townie kind of restaurant, which was a nice change of pace from the chain restaurants we've been frequenting. We got some nice steaks, good wine, and good conversations. Afterwards, we checked out the local theater to see The Simpsons Movie. Very funny movie. What was more amazing was that the tickets only cost $7.50!!!! Pretty amazing if you ask me.
Anyhow, tomorrow we head over to the Windy City (and real civilization if you ask me) for a two day break. Looking forward to see my family and some friends in Chi-town.
As a sort of apology, no video updates for today. There literally was nothing to film!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment