That's right folks... I'm now on Eastern Daylight Time. So for all you West Coast folks, be aware that I am now operating 3 hours ahead of you all... in the future! It's been a bit strange though. Since last Wednesday when we left Vegas, I've slowly lost 3 hours of time while driving. I guess it didn't really matter considering how I've been driving 8-9 hour days anyhow.
We're on Day 10 of the Road Trip. The rest of the Chicago trip was fun. Yesterday morning, we hung out with Allison over by the UIC area. Then, we went to Wicker Park with Cathy and Brian to check out the street festival and had "New Haven" style pizza. The evening was relatively chill, which was probably good because we had a 6:30 am wakeup session this morning so we could ge on the road as soon as possible.
Right now, we're in Little Stanton, PA, a small town outside of Pittsburgh. The good news is that our trip to DC will be a short one; we'll be there in 4 hours if all goes well. One thing interesting about the drive now is that instead of flat plains or desert that we saw throughout the southwest and midwest, the roads are now full of trees, which is a great change of pace. Also, it's reassuring that each exit usually has a gas station now. No more fears of being stranded in the desert.
En route to Little Stanton, we took a drive around Washington, PA, which is where Dan was working for the past year. In a throwback to the past, we had dinner at Ponderosa. You just don't see those anymore in the New England area.
Anyway, tomorrow should be fun checking out DC once again and seeing some close friends over there. Then after that.... back home on Wednesday.
As a fun postscript for you all, I'm back on the road on Friday to Toronto, then back to Chicago by next week. With that kind of momentum, I'll be back in the Bay Area by mid August. Forget the East Coast! Anyone want to find me a job?
Monday, July 30, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment